Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Being a Physician of the Soul

In May 2006, my mother passed over after her 18-month battle with stage 4 cancer.  It was two months before my ordination as Modern Minister, an interfaith minister, from All Faiths Seminary International (AFSI).  I had found my way to AFSI through my devotion to Her Holiness Sai Maa Lakshmi Devi (SaiMaaLLC.org).  At an event in the summer of 2005, Sai Maa, Rabbi Dr. Joseph H. Gelberman (allfaithseminary.org)--we called him . Rebbe, and Marianne Williamson, author and peace activist, had a metaphysical conversation together in New York City. I brought my husband, Stephen, and friend Joanne.  Rebbe was checking the site out when I spotted him in the empty theater hours before the "SHOW".  It was at that moment of meeting I knew he was to become my teacher, mentor, and co-facilitator of programs we did together from 2006-2008 while I completed my doctorate at his seminary.  Rebbe founded and presided over the scope of studies for modern ministers at AFSI as well as The New Seminary, and the Academy of Physicians of the Soul. 

In 2007, Sai Maa and Rebbe certified me and ten others the title:  Physicians of the Soul.  The following year I received my Doctorate, 2008.


I see now I was a meta-physician of the soul long before actually being designated Physician of the Soul back in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment